Contract Carriers with Interstate run under our power only program. As an independent contracted carrier you operate under your own authority. You run your own company while having the luxury and consistency of pulling Interstate’s contracted customer freight year round.
Since 1994, our power only program has allowed owners like you to grow and expand their single trucks into fleets of 15 to 100 trucks.
Interstate’s Power Only Program is a fit for you if:
- You run a small fleet and want consistency of Fortune 500 contracted customer freight to keep your trucks moving.
- You own your company and operate a truck at the same time.
- You have multiple trucks and hate the inconsistency of freight.
- You want to keep or operate under your own authority.
- You want to dispatch your own trucks but need more consistent freight volumes.
Features for Contract Carriers
- 75% of gross and settlement in 10 business days
- 100% of paid customer fuel surcharge
- Fuel card available
- Fuel purchase discount program up to 0.10/gallon savings off cash price at Pilot/Flying J, Loves, TA/Petro
- Discounted fuel at Interstate terminals
- No Transaction Fees
- Assigned “Business Partner” – build a relationship with your Interstate business partner
Additional Power Only Program Details for Contract Carriers
- No broker boards – only our contracted customers, many of which are Fortune 500 companies
- Consistent year round program for your drivers
- Pull Interstate trailers with no trailer fees
- Ideal for small to medium sized fleets
- Excellent trailer fleet – average age is 5 years
- Regional and OTR options available
- Solo, teams, and dedicated opportunities
- No deposits
- No factoring or settlement fees
- No orientation
Requirements for Contract Carriers
- Independent Carriers with Contract or Common Carrier Authority and a minimum of 6 months current operations
- Maximum tractor fifth wheel height of 48“
- Auto Liability Insurance $1,000,000
- Cargo insurance $100,000
- Trailer Interchange Insurance $25,000 – Dry Van
- Trailer Interchange Insurance $50,000 – Temperature Control (Refrigerated)
- Appropriate licensing and permits
- Cell phone or satellite tracking is required